Your future career — including tuition and stipends for a graduate degree — awaits you at Sandia.
Test ideas, follow your dreams
Sandia offers various fellowship opportunities to exceptional individuals in support of our national security mission. We offer opportunities for fully funded graduate degrees as well as self-directed research.
Ph.D.-level candidates can explore amazing postdoctoral fellowship opportunities at Sandia. For example, Sandia's Truman Fellows can choose their research areas and are fully supported with state-of-the-art instruments, research mentoring, and generous salaries. Sandia provides postdoctoral fellows with professional-development opportunities and prepares fellows to conduct independent, groundbreaking research. Best of all, Sandia surrounds postdoctoral fellows with a lasting community of thoughtful researchers united in their goal to make the world a better place.
- President Harry S. Truman Fellowship in National Science and Engineering
- John Von Neumann Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Computational Science
- Jill Hruby Fellowship in National Security Science and Engineering
Sandia also offers master's fellowships to support bachelor's-level candidates who wish to pursue technical graduate degrees. Master's fellows begin their Sandia careers by joining multidisciplinary R&D teams and forming mentoring relationships with top scientists and engineers. Sandia then supports these fellows in full-time graduate studies by providing tuition funds, stipends, and benefits. Finally, program participants are welcomed back to Sandia as master's-level technical staff members and are given meaningful projects to help change the world.
- Use Sandia's Careers tool to create a username and password.
- Enter "fellowships" into the Keywords text field, and click Search.
- Browse the list of fellowship opportunities.
- Complete an online application for a specific job opening.
Detailed instructions for using Sandia's Careers tool to apply for a position are also available.