The John von Neumann Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Computational Science offers an exceptional opportunity to conduct innovative research in computational mathematics and scientific computing on advanced computing architectures. Von Neumann Fellows apply their research findings to a broad range of science and engineering problems of national importance.
Sandia's computational science research programs span computational and discrete mathematics, computational physics and engineering, and systems software and tools. As a world leader in large-scale parallel computer systems, algorithms, software, and applications, Sandia provides a collaborative and highly multidisciplinary environment for solving computational problems at extreme scales. To support a variety of computational workloads, Sandia has several capacity systems for solving large, complex science and engineering problems, and visualizing and interpreting results. Sandia's High Performance Computing (HPC) clusters include the 600 TF Skybridge cluster and the 1.2 PF Serrano and Cayenne clusters.
The John von Neumann Fellowship is a one-year appointment with a possible renewal for a second year. The fellowship offers a highly competitive salary, moving expenses, and a generous professional travel allowance. Von Neumann Fellows are partially supported by the Applied Mathematics program, which is part of the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Advanced Scientific Computing Research.
- PhD, received prior to commencement of the fellowship, in Applied or Computational Mathematics, or related computational science and engineering discipline
- Maximum of three years of postdoctoral experience
- Strong record of research publications
- US Citizenship not required
To apply for the 2018 John von Neumann Fellowship, follow these steps:
- Submit a single PDF file containing your cover letter, CV, and a 3-5 page research statement online at www.sandia.gov/careers, Job ID 658553.
- Submit three letters of recommendation to Denis Ridzal at email@example.com; Use "2018 VN Fellowship" as the subject line.