Sandia is dedicated to strengthening national and regional economies by providing contracting opportunities for small and disadvantaged businesses. We seek out innovative small companies that can provide quality products and services on time and within budget. Sandia's commitment to supplier diversity is reflected in the services we provide to small disadvantaged businesses.
Small Business Advocates
Sandia’s Small Business Advocates are the primary liaisons between the small business community and Sandia. Advocates promote qualified suppliers who fit the definition of Small Disadvantaged Business, Woman-Owned Small Business, Veteran-Owned Small Business, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, 8(a) Business, or HUBZone Business, and that have the capability and capacity to meet Sandia's purchasing needs.
Advocates work on behalf of small businesses to:
- Provide an overview of Sandia's key mission areas and the products and services purchased to meet Sandia's programmatic needs.
- Explain Sandia's expectations of suppliers.
- Guide the supplier through the procurement process.
- Navigate suppliers through Sandia’s Corporate, Procurement, and Opportunities websites.
- Inform suppliers about marketing to Sandia.
- Identify small business procurement opportunities.
- Respond to supplier questions and concerns about Sandia’s purchasing requirements.
- Participate in outreach and matchmaking events to identify highly qualified suppliers that have the capability and capacity to meet Sandia’s diverse purchasing needs.